"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Little Man In the Map

Are you good at naming all of the 50 states? Do you know where all the states are located on the U.S. map? I have to admit this is another area I was not good at in school. I could probably only point out at least 5 states I knew for sure and this is as an adult. My 9 year old is a lot better at it than I am. He knows most of the states just by looking at the shape of them.

Recently we read a book together in our studies of U.S. geography. The book was titled The Little Man In the Map. It's written by E. Andrew Martonyi, illustrated by Ed. Olson, and published by Schoolside Press.


My son loved reading this. He has read it once with me and once with his dad. He likes flipping through the pages on his own too. The book is a 64 page hardback and it has colorful illustrations throughout the entire book. We learned a great deal from reading this book. Did you know there was a little man in the map? Have you ever heard of UCAN or MoWy? Do you know what MinIow MisArkLou or MIM stands for? The book is filled with rhymes and clues to figuring out the states and how to remember what each one is. Kids and grown ups will enjoy using their imaginations reading this book. It's quite an adventure!

The book is a 64 page hardback with colorful illustrations and costs only $19.95. When you order you can even have the book autographed by the author at no additional cost. With Christmas almost here you may even want to go ahead and purchase this as a gift to give to a special little one. Stop by Schoolside Press and get your copy of The Little Man in the Map today.


Disclaimer: The views and opinions written are entirely my own. Being a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was not paid to write this review but received the product free of charge to review and give my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...