"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spears Art Studio

Unlike my younger brother I hardly have any artistic abilities. I can get very creative but it is limited when it comes to art. When I started homeschooling my son last year I didn't know what to do when it came to art. He's been doodling since he was 5 years old so I figured I could put his creativity to good use. I would have him color for motor skill practice but he hates coloring. I would have him do short journal entries a couple days a week to help with his comprehension and language skills. Once he finished I had him draw a picture of what he wrote about. He would fall out laughing or get frustrated because the picture didn't look the way he thought it should. I would even go looking for easy little art projects to do for a unit we were studying. Adding art to our curriculum was becoming a difficult task for me. I thought to myself "well he inherited his mom's "lack of artistic ability" genes so we'll just not focus on doing art so much.

Here we are a year later and I thought we would just rely on the lapbooks we were doing to cover putting art into our schooling. Well let me tell you that God did not let me give up. He sent Spears Art Studio our way. It is a Christian Art Curriculum. Diane Spears who is a Doctor of Christian Education put all of her expertise in creating this fine curriculum for teaching art through a godly perspective.

She offers the K-8th curriculum for only $39.95 on CD-ROM in PDF format. The High School curriculum is also on CD-ROM for only $29.95. There are lessons for each month and many are centered around seasonal and holiday themes. You can pick and choose how much or little you want to do in a given month or year. There is so much to do and you will have plenty of ideas to spread around for years to come. It is well worth the price and you don't have to keep buying more to have ideas.
She also has Calligraphy for beginners on CD-ROM in PDF format for only $14.95. It's for ages 5th grade to adults.
I am glad to finally have an Art curriculum I can finally use in our studies. I will get lots of use out of it for years to come. My son has even enjoyed doing the projects. I usually pick things I know is easy enough for him to express his creativity without getting frustrated. I have even found projects in there to add to some of our lapbooks. Another great thing about the curriculum is they can be bought in bundle packs as well to save you even more. This is a plus for families with kids of varying ages.
So you see I have been pleased to add this to our studies. If you want to try some free sample pages to see an example of what she has to offer click here and scroll down to the middle of the page.


Disclaimer: The views and opinions written are entirely my own. Being a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was not paid to write this review but received the product free of charge to review and give my honest opinion.

No comments:

Categories

50 states unit studies (44) 7 Continents (8) 9/11 (1) ADHD (1) Africa (1) algebra (2) Antarctica (1) ants (2) apples (1) apps (1) art (4) AS (2) Asia (1) audio (1) Australia (1) Autism (2) bats (1) Ben Carson (1) Ben Franklin (1) Biblical (27) birthday (4) book reviews (18) candy (2) chocolate (1) Christmas (10) cinco de mayo (2) cj's journal (70) comics (1) computer (1) contests (2) cookies (3) cooking (2) discipleship (1) DNG (9) Download-N-Go Reviews (6) Dr. MLK Jr. (1) Easter (4) economics (1) education quotes (6) educational DVD (3) elections (1) Europe (1) everyday idioms (45) Fall (2) fathers day (1) Fondue (1) food holidays (3) foreign language (7) games (9) geography (43) George Washington (1) GF/CF (1) government (2) grammar (1) gratitude challenge (29) Greek (1) Groundhog Day (2) handwriting (1) high school (1) history (18) holidays (65) homeschooling (12) HS encouragement (19) HS Review Crew (25) insects (2) Johnny Appleseed (1) July 4th (1) kites (1) labor day (1) language arts (9) lapbooks (29) leaves (1) literature (2) math (18) Mexico (1) Midwestern States (9) miscellaneous (54) Molly Crew Reviews (1) mothers day (1) movie reviews (1) movie reviews by cj (3) multiplication (1) music (3) new years (1) North America (1) Northeastern States (7) Olympics (2) online program (10) Pi Day (5) planning (37) political (2) preschool (1) reading (5) Schoolhouse Review Crew (18) Science (23) scripture (18) skin care (1) social studies (6) South America (1) South Central States (5) Southeastern States (10) SPD (1) Special Needs (2) special needs help (11) spelling (3) sports (2) St. Patrick's Day (1) summer (2) Summer Olympics (2) sunflowers (2) tasty Tue. (10) TBT (6) technology (3) Thankful Thursday (4) thanksgiving (36) The Old Schoolhouse Reviews (32) tigers (1) TOS Crew Reviews (38) total solar eclipse (1) typing (3) unit studies (28) valentines (2) war units (3) weather (1) weekly goals (20) Western States (13) Winter Olympics (1) word of the week (29) wordless Wednesday (11) workboxes (11) writing (4)
"IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF THE INTERNET, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW WHICH IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED. IF I HAVE UNKNOWINGLY USED IMAGES HERE THAT ARE COPYRIGHTED, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE SURE TO TAKE THEM DOWN." Thank You.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...