"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tales Of Glory Play Sets

I want to tell you about some neat play sets I did a review on. This was pulled from an old review so don't be alarmed at me talking about something we use at Christmas when it's the middle of summertime.
I remember the nativity sets my mom would set out for Christmas time. They were for "decoration only" and NOT for play. As you know small children can hardly resist wanting to touch things that look so interesting. I know some grown ups that are still like this. Do your kids like touching and picking up everything they see? My son is 10 years old and he still likes picking up things everywhere he goes. I can remember when he was a toddler I would get so nervous about him breaking something it almost drove me crazy. Well finally someone has our kids in mind. One2Believe has a Nativity play set designed just for them.
This year the kids can play along as you teach them the story of Jesus this Christmas. My son is a visual learner and something like this is a perfect addition when teaching him the Bible. This is a really neat set that is designed for kids ages 3 and up. When the box showed up at our house my son asked "Is that for me?" He stayed busy playing with it for a few hours and said he can't wait until Christmas to hear the story of Jesus birth. All the characters you need for the story are right in the box and ready to set up for play.
The set includes angels, wise men, shepherds, a ram, a sheep, a donkey, a camel, Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus. It also includes a stable, hay, a palm tree, and a mini book with the story about the birth of Jesus. This set costs $24.99. After days and hours of play your kids are bound to get more meaning from the story of Jesus birth. How exciting to have something like this available for the little ones as well as those who are kids at heart. This is also going to be a great addition when we do Advent this year.
Start thinking ahead because Christmas will be here before we know it. So stop by One2believe and check it out for yourself.
While I'm at it let me tell you about another great play set One2believe has to offer.
Do your kids recall the story of Noah's Ark? It's where God gave Noah a very special assignment. He told Noah to build a BIG Ark because there was going to be a great flood all over the earth. On this ark he was to make room for two of every kind of creature (one male and one female) God had created. In return for Noah's obedience God saved him and his family from the great flood! You can read all about it here.

As you read your children can make this story come to life with the Tales of Glory interactive Noah's Ark play set. The set includes Noah, with 2 elephants, 2 monkeys, 2 lions, 2 camels, 2 birds, 2 ostriches, a sheep and a ram, a donkey and a mule, an ark with ramp, and a mini story book. It's appropriate for kids ages 3 and up and sells for $29.99.
My son has enjoyed using his imagination with this play set. Having toys like this to go along with the Bible stories are wonderful. I only wish they had these around when I was growing up. I think this is a great product other than the fact that I would liked to have seen Noah along with some of his family members. It would make the play set complete so that it doesn't look to the kids like Noah was all by himself on the Ark with all those animals.

Don't forget to stop by One2believe to learn more about the Nativity and the Noah's Ark play set as well as many other great Bible learning toys they have.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions written are entirely my own. Being a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was not paid to write this review but received the product free of charge to review and give my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...