"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Friday, December 10, 2010

Hanukkah

For the last 2 weeks we have been working on a Hanukkah Unit Study. We made a lapbook and put together a notebook to keep all my son's worksheets, craft ideas he collected, and stories he read. You can find the lapbook at Homeschool Share and the printables at homeschoolabout.com. Other stuff came from his Highlights Kids magazine.

Lapbook Cover

Of course we couldn't end the study without making latkes. My son wouldn't let me forget that part. I made "colorful vegetable latkes". They have shredded potatoes, carrots, onion, and zucchini in them.

Latkes almost finished cooking
This is when they were cooking in olive oil but I ended up using a little canola too because we were getting look on the EVOO.

Latkes all ready to eat
This is when they were finished. They were crunchy and delicious. I ended up making around 16 of these (cooked 4-5 at a time) and after the first go round I didn't have to use anymore oil to finish up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...