"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Friday, September 23, 2011

The 2011-2012 Special Needs Schoolhouse Planner

I have been enjoying using the Schoolhouse Planners each year from The Old Schoolhouse.  I get excited when another year rolls around because I want to see what new things they have added to it.  This year I had an opportunity to review their all new 2011-2012 Special Needs Schoolhouse Planner.  Being the mom of a son with Asperger's Syndrome and ADHD, I have to say I’m really thankful to have this handy tool.

clip_image001

 The Schoolhouse Special Needs Planner is 191 pages.  It comes in E-book (PDF) form for $29.00 or on CD for $34.00.  The one I reviewed is the e-book form.  I like that because it’s ready to download right then and there once you purchase it.  The Schoolhouse Special Needs Planner is tailored to meet the needs of families with special needs kids.  I have not seen a planner of this kind anywhere else.  There are forms for your home and school needs.  So what can you expect to get inside this planner?  Keep reading to find out more.

The Special Needs Schoolhouse Planner comes complete with tons of forms to help you juggle school, therapy, and doctors appointments with ease.  They have one page calendars for 2011-2013, 2 page spread or single-page calendars for planning, articles from well-known authors in the special needs community, and even GFCF recipes.  Some of the forms included are:

* A 12 page IEP (Individual Education Plan) for special needs homeschoolers.
* Scheduling Forms
* Goal Forms
* Medical History & Test Records Forms
* Allergies Record
* Medication Record
* Medical and Developmental Record Keeping forms
* Discussion Questions List for professionals
* Emergency Medical Information
* Therapy Forms
* Routine forms and cards for tasks like: going to the bathroom, washing hands, taking a shower, getting ready for school, brushing their teeth, ect.
* Life Skills & Chore Charts for: cleaning their room, or doing laundry, ect.
* Weekly Behavior and Food Diaries
* Behavior Rewards Chart
* Picture Book List and more.

I love the fact this planner is interactive.  You can type in the information you need on the calendars and forms then print it out or save for later use.   I didn’t realize how much I needed this planner until I had forgotten the date of my son’s recent doctors appointment.  I had remembered the time but not the date.  I usually write it down on a calendar or on a note somewhere but couldn’t locate exactly where it was.  Shame on mommy for being so disorganized (I usually am better prepared but got distracted somehow).  I ended up having to wait until 2 days before the appointment when they have their automated service call to confirm we’re keeping the appointment.   Won’t make that mistake again because it was hard being able to know whether or not there was room in my plans if something came up.

I also haven’t been keeping up my son’s eating diary lately which I normally keep in a spiral notebook.  The problem with this is once I run out of paper I have to start a new notebook.  With this planner I can just print out the page and start a new one.  That’s another good thing about this planner.  No more wasted paper.  You can choose which pages you need and only print out those.  The ones you need now may not be the ones you’ll need later or the ones you didn’t need now you may find you do need them later.  I really do love this planner!  There is so many things in here I can use.  I also love seeing the GFCF recipes because I’m always looking for more of those.  I hope to see this planner continue to grow and be around for years to come like they do with the regular Schoolhouse Planners.

For my family this planner is a great addition to The Schoolhouse Planner.  I’ll never need to look elsewhere for forms to add to my planning pages for the life of my special needs child.  If you have a child (ren) with special needs and you need help keeping their days or schedules organized I highly recommend checking out the Special Needs Schoolhouse Planner.  You may find you it makes life a little easier because it’s taking a load off of your mind.Open-mouthed smile

Disclaimer: The views and opinions written are entirely my own. I was not paid by The Old Schoolhouse Store to write this review but received the product free of charge to review and give my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Renee said...

IIIIIIIIIIM back LOL, had to replace intenet box so Iv been MIA since last Saturday LOL

Jodi said...

Thanks for the review. I'm so happy to read how you're using the SN Planner, and that it has been helpful to you and your family!

Growing In God's Wisdom said...

Hey Jodi! Yes I'm loving it & will keep being a handy tool for years to come.

Categories

50 states unit studies (44) 7 Continents (8) 9/11 (1) ADHD (1) Africa (1) algebra (2) Antarctica (1) ants (2) apples (1) apps (1) art (4) AS (2) Asia (1) audio (1) Australia (1) Autism (2) bats (1) Ben Carson (1) Ben Franklin (1) Biblical (27) birthday (4) book reviews (18) candy (2) chocolate (1) Christmas (10) cinco de mayo (2) cj's journal (70) comics (1) computer (1) contests (2) cookies (3) cooking (2) discipleship (1) DNG (9) Download-N-Go Reviews (6) Dr. MLK Jr. (1) Easter (4) economics (1) education quotes (6) educational DVD (3) elections (1) Europe (1) everyday idioms (45) Fall (2) fathers day (1) Fondue (1) food holidays (3) foreign language (7) games (9) geography (43) George Washington (1) GF/CF (1) government (2) grammar (1) gratitude challenge (29) Greek (1) Groundhog Day (2) handwriting (1) high school (1) history (18) holidays (65) homeschooling (12) HS encouragement (19) HS Review Crew (25) insects (2) Johnny Appleseed (1) July 4th (1) kites (1) labor day (1) language arts (9) lapbooks (29) leaves (1) literature (2) math (18) Mexico (1) Midwestern States (9) miscellaneous (54) Molly Crew Reviews (1) mothers day (1) movie reviews (1) movie reviews by cj (3) multiplication (1) music (3) new years (1) North America (1) Northeastern States (7) Olympics (2) online program (10) Pi Day (5) planning (37) political (2) preschool (1) reading (5) Schoolhouse Review Crew (18) Science (23) scripture (18) skin care (1) social studies (6) South America (1) South Central States (5) Southeastern States (10) SPD (1) Special Needs (2) special needs help (11) spelling (3) sports (2) St. Patrick's Day (1) summer (2) Summer Olympics (2) sunflowers (2) tasty Tue. (10) TBT (6) technology (3) Thankful Thursday (4) thanksgiving (36) The Old Schoolhouse Reviews (32) tigers (1) TOS Crew Reviews (38) total solar eclipse (1) typing (3) unit studies (28) valentines (2) war units (3) weather (1) weekly goals (20) Western States (13) Winter Olympics (1) word of the week (29) wordless Wednesday (11) workboxes (11) writing (4)
"IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF THE INTERNET, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW WHICH IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED. IF I HAVE UNKNOWINGLY USED IMAGES HERE THAT ARE COPYRIGHTED, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE SURE TO TAKE THEM DOWN." Thank You.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...