"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~

Saturday, November 5, 2011

2011 Thanksgiving Gratitude Challenge--Nov.5th


Today I am thankful for the right to homeschool my son.  When he went to public school I had no idea what homeschooling was.  Long before he even started preK I was always teaching him things. I taught him how to feed himself, to walk, to go to the bathroom, and how to say his ABC's, numbers (1-10), and colors. I taught him how to put on his clothes, to read a book, put on and tie his shoes, and so many other things.  I missed teaching him once he went off to school.  I thought I HAD to send him to school in order for him to learn.  I didn't know that could have carried us right into homeschooling. All that was needed is for me to just keep on teaching.  Little did I know one day God would redirect my thinking and set me on a new path of being my son's teacher.  I don't take pride in being his teacher. That's not the only thing I'm doing here. I'm  learning right along with him and making lots of fun lasting memories together.

 So what are you thankful for today?  Hope you can join us in this gratitude challenge. If so click on the button above to take you there.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Well said, Tajuana!

I'm stopping by from the gratituge challenge.

I had a very similar experience with my children. They never went to day care and I always stayed at home with them, teaching them to read, write, color, count, talk, create, etc. But at age 5, I thought I was supposed to send them to school. It was a tough choice.

But thank God, He showed us something different! This is our first year of officially homeschooling; we have a 3rd and 1st grader, and a preschooler. What a blessing homeschooling has been to our family!

Take care,
Stacie

Growing In God's Wisdom said...

Hi Stacie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Homeschooling is such a blessing. I remember our first year, wow...can't believe we're in our 5th year now. I never sent my son off to daycare and just kept him home with me. After having him tested for a learning disability I went ahead and sent him to PreK so he could get the services he needed through the school system. He went to school up until 1st grade but hubby and I decided not to send him back for 2nd grade. He's been home with me every since :)

Categories

50 states unit studies (44) 7 Continents (8) 9/11 (1) ADHD (1) Africa (1) algebra (2) Antarctica (1) ants (2) apples (1) apps (1) art (5) AS (2) Asia (1) audio (1) Australia (1) Autism (3) bats (1) Ben Carson (1) Ben Franklin (1) Biblical (28) birthday (5) book reviews (18) candy (2) chocolate (1) Christmas (11) cinco de mayo (2) cj's journal (71) comics (1) computer (1) cookies (5) cooking (2) discipleship (1) DNG (9) Download-N-Go Reviews (6) Dr. MLK Jr. (1) Easter (4) economics (1) education quotes (6) educational DVD (3) elections (1) Europe (1) everyday idioms (45) Fall (2) fathers day (1) Fondue (1) food holidays (3) foreign language (7) games (8) geography (43) George Washington (1) GF/CF (1) giveaway (1) government (2) grammar (1) gratitude challenge (29) Greek (1) Groundhog Day (2) handwriting (1) high school (2) history (18) holidays (64) homeschooling (12) HS encouragement (19) HS Review Crew (28) insects (2) Johnny Appleseed (1) July 4th (1) kites (1) labor day (1) language arts (9) lapbooks (29) leaves (1) literature (2) math (17) Mexico (1) Midwestern States (9) miscellaneous (52) Molly Crew Reviews (1) movie reviews (1) movie reviews by cj (3) multiplication (1) music (3) new years (1) North America (1) Northeastern States (7) Olympics (2) online program (10) Pi Day (5) planning (37) political (2) preschool (1) reading (5) Schoolhouse Review Crew (18) Science (22) scripture (18) skin care (1) social studies (5) South America (1) South Central States (5) Southeastern States (10) SPD (1) Special Needs (2) special needs help (12) spelling (3) sports (2) St. Patrick's Day (1) summer (2) Summer Olympics (2) sunflowers (2) tasty Tue. (11) TBT (6) technology (3) Thankful Thursday (4) thanksgiving (35) The Old Schoolhouse Reviews (32) tigers (1) TOS Crew Reviews (38) total solar eclipse (1) typing (3) unit studies (28) valentines (2) war units (3) weather (1) weekly goals (20) Western States (13) Winter Olympics (1) word of the week (36) wordless Wednesday (13) workboxes (11) writing (4)
"IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF THE INTERNET, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW WHICH IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED. IF I HAVE UNKNOWINGLY USED IMAGES HERE THAT ARE COPYRIGHTED, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE SURE TO TAKE THEM DOWN." Thank You.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...