"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Saturday, November 12, 2011

2011 Thanksgiving Gratitude Challenge--Nov.12th

Today I am thankful for our hot weekend breakfasts.  I've never been a cereal person because as a kid I couldn't stand the texture of soggy cereal in my mouth.  I can't eat it fast because I've always been a S-L-O-W eater.  Ask my husband and son will tell ya.  My mom always jokes about how I (when I first started kindergarten) would come home crying because they wouldn't let me finish eating my lunch.  I love the time on the weekends where we sit at the table together, relaxed, taking our time enjoying one another and the meal because no one is in a hurry to get anywhere.  This morning we had homemade sourdough waffles, hash browns, scrambled eggs, and bacon. YUM!

2 comments:

Naomi said...

I hear you! I love it when I get to take the time to linger over my food, too. Also, I find that I don't eat quite as much if I get to take my time, too.

Growing In God's Wisdom said...

I know what you mean Naomi. I tend to get full quicker like that too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...