"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Monday, October 1, 2012

Beeyoutiful Skin

Earlier this year I had the chance to review some beauty products with all natural ingredients. I enjoy using products with ingredients I can actually pronounce and does not look like a foreign word from another planet. I have been blessed again to review more skin care products from the same company that I’m excited to tell you about.

Photobucket
If you have never tried anything from Beeyoutiful before you don’t know what you’re missing. They are in the business of providing men, women, and children with health and beauty products made with all natural ingredients.  They “believe that although doctors can be a tremendous resource in times when urgent care is needed, it is not their responsibility to keep you in good health”. This is because “each individual is responsible for his or her own health”. Beeyoutiful wants to aid others in obtaining and maintaining good health. Their mission is to “do good to all men”.  Click here to read more about them.  Keep reading as I share the package of goodies they sent me.

My beautiful picture
First I would like to tell you about the products I used on my face. I have to confess I have been bad about not taking care of my face on a regular basis like I should. From the time I wake up to the time I go to bed I’m busy doing one thing or another. I did not have a morning or night routine for taking care of just me. Many moms can relate to how easy it is to let things like that slide. At times I would use plain water on a wash cloth to wipe my face or do a few facial scrubs here and there but I was not consistent with it. As a result my face became very dry and flaky. The times when I just used plain water my face was itchy because the water was drying my skin out. I would just rub some lotion on it to try to bring some relief. Thanks to Beeyoutiful I’m not behaving like this anymore. I have now developed a daily routine and stopped abusing my skin. :-)

Photobucket
Each morning I still wash my face (and now neck) with plain water. I know, I know, I know…that dries out my face and causes it to itch. Well hold on and I’ll explain why I do this. I don’t have a facial cleanser yet so water is all I can use. After I do this step I immediately proceed to the next which is to use the Laveshmint Hydrating Toner you see in the picture. Let me tell you this stuff is the bomb! Once I spray this on my face (and neck) the itchy feeling is replace with a tingling cool sensation. That’s because it’s restoring the proper pH balance back to my skin the water stripped it of. This toner smells great and makes me feel relaxed too.

The Laveshmint Hydrating Toner comes in a 4 fl. oz. bottle that sells for $14.00. It came with a cap on it but you can replace that with the sprayer top that is sent with it. It has all natural ingredients. Those are: certified organic aloe vera, purified water, lavender essential oil, peppermint essential oil, .01% potassium sorbate, citric acid, and sodium benzoate (food grade preservatives). I use this on my face and neck each morning so the bottle is halfway empty now. I love how it makes my skin look. Spraying on the face and neck is not the only thing it can be used for. Here is what else the website says it can be used for…

To top this off, we've added a unique blend of lavender and peppermint essential oils to cool sunburns, cleanse wounds, and uplift your countenance. With its captivating fragrance, Lavender has sedative and deep relaxing qualities, as well as being renowned for helping all manner of skin irritations. Cool and tingly on your skin, Peppermint essential oil is an incredible aid for acne, dermatitis, fever, headaches, and mental strain.”

Photobucket
After applying the toner I follow up with this Laveshmint Daily Moisturizer. This lotion smells just like the toner so they pair well together. I apply just a little to my “t” zone on my face then rub it in in circular motion. I rub some on my neck too. I feel the same tingling cool sensation as with the toner. I have been using these products on my face and neck for well over a month now. My skin is so soft and well hydrated. I haven’t seen any dry spots or flaking the whole time. My son said he likes the smell of it when he gives me a hug or kiss. I like to use this moisturizer twice a day if I can remember to. Here again I have to confess I started out with the goal of washing my face and applying the moisturizer in the mornings and at night before heading to bed. I’ve been good about doing this a couple of days a week but not everyday. Sometimes I forget to wash my face at night before going to bed when I’m really tired from a busy day. At least I got it in that morning right? I get credit for treating my face good once that day. LOL Let me also say I don’t use any toner at night because it’s not necessary.

The Laveshmint Daily Moisturizer comes in a 4 fl. oz. plastic jar and sell for $12.00. A little of this goes a long way so I don’t see this running out anytime to soon even though I sometimes use it twice a day. It has all natural ingredients and is Paraben and Formaldehyde free. Both this and the toner are great for all skin types. Here is more they had to say on the website about the moisturizer:

A soothing facial moisturizer that hydrates and heals with the power of pure Aloe Vera. This daily moisturizing lotion is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin without leaving a greasy residue.”

Although created as a facial moisturizer, Laveshmint feels great on any part of your body, especially tired feet! Just keep it away from eyes and mucous membranes, as peppermint can sting on these areas.”

Uh oh…I don’t need my son hearing that bolded part. He may try to dip into it everyday and use it on himself. That’s a problem because he already loves the smell and with his heavy hands it won’t last long around here. No I’m not being mean…a woman’s gotta have something that’s hers alone sometime. Hehe~

Photobucket
Next I’ll talk about the Hair Shine Leave in Conditioner. This is supposed to be good for detangling your hair. I used this twice on my wet, freshly washed, natural hair. I’ll just say when used for that purpose this is not for everyone. I have kinky/tightly coiled hair. I rely heavily on thick/creamy leave in conditioners that can detangle and moisturize my hair. The type of conditioners I use must give me good slip in order to detangle it without losing lots of hair. Even though I used Hair Shine LIBERALLY like they suggested, it did not do the trick for me. In 2 uses I was already at the halfway mark on this bottle plus I had to still use some of my own conditioner along with it.

The all natural ingredients used will have you loving or hating the smell of this spray. It’s made up of organic Aloe Vera concentrate, distilled water, sweet orange essential oil, lavender essential oil, and rosemary essential oil. Hair Shine Conditioner comes in 4 fl. oz. bottle for $15.00. It too comes with a cap on it that can be replaced with the extra spray top included in the box. I’m glad there are other uses for this spray. The website says…

You can also use Hair Shine as an all-over body spray—after your bath or straight from water play (a fresh-smelling idea if you plan to dine at a restaurant right after a trip to the beach!). It’s even fine to use on your face (but be sure to close your eyes when you spray). The rosemary oil acts as an astringent and skin rejuvenator. A single bottle of Hair Shine contains hundreds of spritz’s worth, so feel free to spray liberally.”

Hair Shine also helps:
Sunburn. If you or your little ones got more sun than you planned, spray on cooling Hair Shine. The aloe and lavender cool burns and protect from infection. Like aloe, lavender is known for its use on burns, so putting the two together makes Hair Shine a cooling, healthy alternative to standard sunburn sprays. You won’t have to worry about chemicals with unpronounceable names soaking into your skin. But do not use Hair Shine before you hit the sun—the sweet orange essential oil may actually increase photosensitivity in some people.
Insect Bites. Lessen the itch and protect against infection and scarring—from mosquitos to ticks—with a squirt of Hair Shine on the bites.”

I was glad my bottle wasn’t going to waist after all. I have now been using it to spray on my body right after I get out of the shower. The first time I did this my son kept walking around sniffing me because he loves this scent. One day after taking his shower he kept begging me to spray some on his head (no hair…he’s bald). I was nice and sprayed some on for him. See there I do share sometimes. Hehe~

Photobucket
Another product I love using on my body is this Vanilla Dream Body Butter. This was the first thing that I opened when I got my box of goodies from Beeyoutiful. This stuff smells so good you almost want to taste it. I love the scent of vanilla. This is one of my go to scents for candles and body sprays. The Vanilla Dream Body Butter is creamy but not greasy. It has a hard feel to it when you first try to get it out of the jar. Your body heat is enough to warm it up to spread on you. I have used this on my hands after washing dishes to bring some soothing relief. We have hard water so it always makes my hands feel dried out and itchy no matter what type of dish liquid I use. Those rubber dish gloves make my hands sweat and the glass dishes slip through my hands so I don’t like using them either. I also like using the body butter after taking a shower. I alternate between this and the Hair Shine. I love how soft and smooth it makes the bottom of my feet feel. They tend to get really dry and chafed under there and now that the weather is getting cooler I really need it. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

One of my favorite ingredients is in this. I buy over 2lbs. of raw Shea butter each year to make an all natural lotion/moisturizer that can be used on our face, body and hair. It’s known all over the web as “Shealoe”. Other ingredients in this body butter are: vanilla infused oils of coconut, olive, and Grape Seed, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Ylang Ylang Essential oil, and Vanilla Plantifolia. The Vanilla Dream Body Butter comes in 4 fl. oz. glass jar for $15.00. I believe them when they said it promotes repair of damaged skin. My son has dipped into this too. He uses some on his very chafed feet and it worked magic because the man’s feet needed help bad. We have used a little over 1/4th of the jar so I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stretch this. It’s my favorite product of them all. I love to just open it up and smell it.

All in all I have really enjoyed everything I received and feel blessed and Bee-You-Tiful! I plan to make some future purchases because I want to find a cleanser for my face. I also am happy to know I will be supporting a Christian company by doing so. I hope you enjoyed my review and will consider giving them a try. I doubt you’ll be disappointed. There is also a forum if you are interested in reading more or have questions. Head on over to the crew blog. You’ll want to hear about the mineral make-up and other beauty and skin care product reviews.

Photobucket
Disclaimer: The views and opinions in this review are entirely my own. As a member of the Schoolhouse Review Crew I was not paid to write this but received these “Beeyoutiful skin products” at no cost to me for review purposes, and to give my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Homeschooling6 said...

I ended up using the Hair Shine as a body spray too. Also to relieve those pesky bug bites. I was surprised that it really worked with that! Great review =)

Categories

50 states unit studies (44) 7 Continents (8) 9/11 (1) ADHD (1) Africa (1) algebra (1) Antarctica (1) ants (2) apples (1) apps (1) art (4) AS (2) Asia (1) Australia (1) Autism (2) bats (1) Ben Carson (1) Ben Franklin (1) Biblical (26) birthday (4) book reviews (18) candy (2) chocolate (1) Christmas (10) cinco de mayo (2) cj's journal (70) comics (1) computer (1) contests (2) cookies (3) cooking (2) discipleship (1) DNG (9) Download-N-Go Reviews (6) Dr. MLK Jr. (1) Easter (4) economics (1) education quotes (6) educational DVD (3) elections (1) Europe (1) everyday idioms (45) Fall (2) fathers day (1) Fondue (1) food holidays (3) foreign language (7) games (9) geography (43) George Washington (1) GF/CF (1) government (2) grammar (1) gratitude challenge (29) Greek (1) Groundhog Day (2) handwriting (1) history (18) holidays (65) homeschooling (12) HS encouragement (19) HS Review Crew (23) insects (2) Johnny Appleseed (1) July 4th (1) kites (1) labor day (1) language arts (9) lapbooks (29) leaves (1) literature (2) math (17) Mexico (1) Midwestern States (9) miscellaneous (54) Molly Crew Reviews (1) mothers day (1) movie reviews (1) movie reviews by cj (3) multiplication (1) music (3) new years (1) North America (1) Northeastern States (7) Olympics (2) online program (9) Pi Day (5) planning (37) political (2) preschool (1) reading (5) Schoolhouse Review Crew (18) Science (23) scripture (18) skin care (1) social studies (6) South America (1) South Central States (5) Southeastern States (10) SPD (1) Special Needs (2) special needs help (11) spelling (3) sports (2) St. Patrick's Day (1) summer (2) Summer Olympics (2) sunflowers (2) tasty Tue. (10) TBT (6) technology (3) Thankful Thursday (4) thanksgiving (36) The Old Schoolhouse Reviews (32) tigers (1) TOS Crew Reviews (38) total solar eclipse (1) typing (3) unit studies (28) valentines (2) war units (3) weather (1) weekly goals (20) Western States (13) Winter Olympics (1) word of the week (25) wordless Wednesday (11) workboxes (11) writing (4)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...