"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Asia

I’m back with another update in our study of the 7 Continents of the world. We have been learning about the continent of Asia. Did you know that Asia is the largest continent? It covers one third of the earth’s surface. This is 60% of the earth’s population. Did you know there are 48 countries in Asia? East Asia consists of China, Japan, N. and S. Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. In Southeast Asia are places like Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and several others. In West Asia there is Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, ect. I could go on and on but it would take time to write it all. Did you know that some of the great man-made land marks here are the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal? Did you know that because there are a large number of countries in Asia is the reason there are many different cultures and beliefs on this continent? I would encourage you to do some research if you are interested in learning more about Asia because there is so much to know. We had an Asian inspired meal to wrap up our study of Asia.  Here is what we had:

My beautiful picture   
Everything you see here in our meal is not homemade because we decided to buy some already prepared items in the frozen food section of the store. Good thing what we got were made with all natural ingredients and no crazy stuff we couldn't pronounce. I will tell you a little about each so keep reading.

My beautiful picture
These are Ling Ling mini vegetable spring rolls with a savory sauce. These were really good and the sauce had a little spicy kick to it. I don’t enjoy frozen egg or spring rolls but to my surprise these spring rolls were really good.

My beautiful picture
These are Ling Ling chicken and vegetable dumplings with a tangy sauce. I like my dumplings crispy so I fried them in a little oil via instructions on the bag. These are yummy and I buy them every time I can get a good deal on them.

My beautiful picture
This is Yakisoba Japanese noodles and vegetables. I cut up and stir fried some beef to go with it. We all liked the taste of this dish and didn’t miss the homemade stir fried rice I was going to cook at first. It was getting too late and we were all hungry so this did just fine.

My beautiful picture 
This is Japanese Mum’s Chicken. I found the recipe for this online and was surprised how easy it is to make. None of the ingredients were out of the ordinary. In fact I had everything I needed right here in the house. I started off doing good until I went to the bathroom while the chicken was at its last stage when the sauce had to cook down to get really sticky. I almost came back a minute too late because it almost burnt. I caught it just in time. whew! The sauce is dark and STICKY but oh so finger lickin’ good! I think I’m going to try this recipe with some wings because the sauce tastes great. If you don’t believe me try Japanese Mum’s Chicken recipe for yourself.

Well I hope you have enjoyed hearing about what we learned and be sure to come back in a few weeks to read about the next continent we studied.

No comments:

Categories

50 states unit studies (44) 7 Continents (8) 9/11 (1) ADHD (1) Africa (1) algebra (2) Antarctica (1) ants (2) apples (1) apps (1) art (4) AS (2) Asia (1) audio (1) Australia (1) Autism (2) bats (1) Ben Carson (1) Ben Franklin (1) Biblical (27) birthday (4) book reviews (18) candy (2) chocolate (1) Christmas (10) cinco de mayo (2) cj's journal (70) comics (1) computer (1) contests (2) cookies (3) cooking (2) discipleship (1) DNG (9) Download-N-Go Reviews (6) Dr. MLK Jr. (1) Easter (4) economics (1) education quotes (6) educational DVD (3) elections (1) Europe (1) everyday idioms (45) Fall (2) fathers day (1) Fondue (1) food holidays (3) foreign language (7) games (9) geography (43) George Washington (1) GF/CF (1) government (2) grammar (1) gratitude challenge (29) Greek (1) Groundhog Day (2) handwriting (1) high school (1) history (18) holidays (65) homeschooling (12) HS encouragement (19) HS Review Crew (25) insects (2) Johnny Appleseed (1) July 4th (1) kites (1) labor day (1) language arts (9) lapbooks (29) leaves (1) literature (2) math (18) Mexico (1) Midwestern States (9) miscellaneous (54) Molly Crew Reviews (1) mothers day (1) movie reviews (1) movie reviews by cj (3) multiplication (1) music (3) new years (1) North America (1) Northeastern States (7) Olympics (2) online program (10) Pi Day (5) planning (37) political (2) preschool (1) reading (5) Schoolhouse Review Crew (18) Science (23) scripture (18) skin care (1) social studies (6) South America (1) South Central States (5) Southeastern States (10) SPD (1) Special Needs (2) special needs help (11) spelling (3) sports (2) St. Patrick's Day (1) summer (2) Summer Olympics (2) sunflowers (2) tasty Tue. (10) TBT (6) technology (3) Thankful Thursday (4) thanksgiving (36) The Old Schoolhouse Reviews (32) tigers (1) TOS Crew Reviews (38) total solar eclipse (1) typing (3) unit studies (28) valentines (2) war units (3) weather (1) weekly goals (20) Western States (13) Winter Olympics (1) word of the week (29) wordless Wednesday (11) workboxes (11) writing (4)
"IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF THE INTERNET, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW WHICH IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHTED. IF I HAVE UNKNOWINGLY USED IMAGES HERE THAT ARE COPYRIGHTED, PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW AND I'LL BE SURE TO TAKE THEM DOWN." Thank You.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...