"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Monday, March 25, 2013

Snow Ice Cream!

We got more snow this weekend. To be honest I’m tired of the snow. Looks like winter is just not wanting to let up. It seems like the snow we had a few weeks ago just melted and now we have more. My son asked to make some ice cream with it so I figured it would be a fun science experiment for us to do together. We put some bowls outside over night to collect some fresh falling snow. When we woke up not only was the bowls full to the rim but it was still snowing outside. It was easy to make the ice cream since the snow is very cold and icy already. Here are pics of my son making a batch…

My beautiful picture   My beautiful picture
First he stirred the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together. Then he added in cups of snow. It was harder to stir at that point but it smoothed out the more you mix the ingredients together.

My beautiful picture    My beautiful picture
We made a second batch so we ended up with two containers this size full. We ate one and stored the other in the freezer for later. It tasted really good just like ice cream, but the texture was different than the creamy store bought kind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...