"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~Romans 12:2 NKJV~
A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. ~Prov. 16:9~

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

SchoolhouseTeachers.com~ Review

Hello to all you lovely readers joining me today. I stated last week that I would be posting my first review for the 2017 Schoolhouse Homeschool Review Crew year.  Well the time has come so lets begin. Today I will be sharing with you my review of SchoolhouseTeachers.com and their Yearly Membership.

High-quality, Self-paced, Online Homeschool Resources {SchoolhouseTeachers.com}

SchoolhouseTeachers.com is an internet-based curriculum site of the well known homeschooling website called The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.  It consists of over 300 online courses for students in a range from preschool to high school. Not only that, there are courses and resources for parents too. SchoolhouseTeachers has been around for about four years now. I was there in the beginning when they first began. As a new member it was so exciting to have resources that helped me with our home and homeschooling needs at the click of a button. I remained a member up until October last year. I let my Yearly Membership expire thinking I would not need to keep it active since I had already gotten all the use out of it that “I thought I needed". My son is getting closer and closer to being at the end of his homeschooling days. I didn’t think there was anything else there that we really needed outside of the one thing I loved most about my membership (more on that in a moment).

Having the opportunity to do this review has allowed me a whole “new” experience. The site was recently updated and now has a whole new look.  Once I was logged in I was like a kid in a candy store. I didn’t know where I wanted to begin. Thankfully there were tutorials to help me navigate my way around the site. Whenever I wanted to find a specific course quickly I found it helpful to use the quick links section on the top blue tab bar. Since everything is so clean and organized, the website is very user friendly.

High-quality, Self-paced, Online Homeschool Resources {SchoolhouseTeachers.com}

What will you find at SchoolhouseTeachers.com? There are around 18 subjects ranging from Bible, Language Arts, Music, Health, and Electives just to name a few. You will also find record keeping charts, streaming videos, learning centers, as well as special needs support. Being the mom of a special needs child, there are many days where I need all the encouragement I can get. I’m glad to see that SchoolhouseTeachers offers so much Homeschool Parent Support especially support for us parents of kids with special needs. The other things that caught my eye were the family courses. They consisted of cooking, reading, fitness, healthy eating, crafts, and more.

High-quality, Self-paced, Online Homeschool Resources {SchoolhouseTeachers.com}

How our homeschooler used SchoolhouseTeachers.com:

My son has been using the Biology lessons from the list of High School homeschool courses. This course is taught by Ruth Sundeen. It consists of 31 weekly printable lessons with hands-on activities and quizzes. I like that he can get a full-credit with this course because he needs Biology for one of his science credits. He has liked it so far. Here you’ll see him reading through one of the lessons.

C reading Biology C reading Biology lesson

He said he had been wondering what was meant by the term Biology. There are many different types of Sciences that he likes to see what makes each one different from the other. He told us how he was learning some interesting things he did not know about the study of Biology. His favorite part of the lessons was the Field Study. Since he is a special learner his reports are not very detailed. That’s okay because what he learns, understands, and retains is our main focus with him. These are some completed worksheets from one of the lessons:

SchoolhouseTeachers Biology lesson  SchoolhouseTeachers Biology Biology Quiz  Biology Field Study

Do be sure to check out the High School Help page. There is some very helpful information for parents needing guidance with things like transcripts, record keeping, and college prep for their high school student.

How mom uses SchoolhouseTeachers.com:

As I mentioned earlier in this post; the one thing I love most about the membership are the Schoolhouse Planners for my planning needs. There are 6 different planners that you can choose from. The great thing about them is that they are digital and editable. The types they offer are as follows…

*Hey Momma- along with calendars and planning forms, there’s encouragement for moms to keep you motivated in what God has called you to.
*Schoolhouse Planner- has all your home and homeschool forms
*Special Leaners- I.E.P. and medical forms for the ones who have children with special needs/learning disabilities.

The kids can even have their own homeschool planners to print from Primary to High School grades. You can pick the ones you like or download them all. I like that I get to pick and choose the pages I want to use from each one and create separate binders for personal, homeschool, and household notebooks. No wasted ink or paper is a plus in my book :) The planners are all included FREE when you become a member

Schoolhouse Teachers Half Price Discount

Now that I’ve told you all about SchoolhouseTeachers and how useful it can be, you may be wondering how much all this will cost. Right now you can become a member for $12.95 a month or get a 10% discount by paying the full price of $139 for a year. If you’re considering membership you’ll want to hurry and lock it in at this price before the prices go up to $19.95 a month or $180 a year. If you believe your family will really benefit from SchoolhouseTeachers, I have some even better news to share. They have been running a Christmas sale where you can get your membership for 50% off at $9.95 a month or pay $90 a year! All you need to do is use the code: CHRISTMASYEAR at checkout. This sale ends on Jan. 15, 2017 so hurry before time runs out. No matter how many children you have, the price of membership covers your whole family household. Yes you are reading that right. One membership, one price, for the whole family. Even if none of these are in your price range, they offer several discount options and even a $1 trial run for 30 days to see if this is what your family can use. I hope you have enjoyed reading my review of SchoolhouseTeachers.com. Many others have written reviews too.

*To see how other families are using SchoolhouseTeachers.com click on the banner below to learn more.

High-quality, Self-paced, Online Homeschool Resources {SchoolhouseTeachers.com}
 
More ways to connect with SchoolhouseTeachers.com through their other Social Media platforms:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SchoolhouseTeachers/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TOSMag/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/tosmag/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/118111005169451277551/posts


Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...