The whole idea behind Puppetools is to create "brain-based" learning through the "language of play". Most kids I know enjoy puppets and Jeffrey has much experience in how to help children get more out of their learning through using puppets. To learn more about the idea behind Puppetools click here.
The cost for this service is $20.00 for individuals for 1 year and $99.00 for a 12 month subscription with up to 30 users on one account. It's designed for groups like school classrooms, homeschool groups, and even those who work in the nursery at church could find good use for this. Here is what his website states they offer for this price...
* 1 year to train and master Puppetools - the "Language of Play"
* Access Puppetools' online Educator Work Area
* Access Puppetools' exclusive practitioner video library
* Access extensive research on play and education
* Access hundreds of puppet images, concepts, and patterns
* Access readings from the 200 page Puppetools Manual
* Access their global community forums - learn with teachers around the world
* Put Puppetools to work in just days or overnight
* Learn fast, flexible puppet design and construction within minutes
* Discover how a single paper hinge creates a limitless resource
He also offers a trial subscription that's $20.00 for 60 days. This is designed for individual users who are not part of a group that's sharing the cost of a full year subscription. You also don't get the full benefits of the service as those who are paying the full price. Click here to see a subscription overview. I personally would only consider this option as a homeschooler myself. I could get all that I needed within the 60 day period.
My son chose a puppet to make from the selection they have. He's not really into crafty things so it wasn't something that really thrilled him. He played with his puppet for a few days but hasn't touched it since. I may see if I can get him to do another one. All in all I don't think this is something I would invest my money into because it would be a waist if my son wasn't trying to get more creative play out of it.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions written are entirely my own. Being a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, I was not paid to write this review but received the product free of charge to review and give my honest opinion.