New Hampshire Maple Syrup Pie
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 Egg whites
- Pinch salt
- Chopped Nuts
- 1 cup Hot water
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- Combine syrup, hot water and butter in medium sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch, salt and cold water to make a thin paste. Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Add hot syrup mixture gradually (adult supervision), return to heat and cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cool slightly, and then pour into cooked pie shell.
- Beat egg whites stiff, adding the Tbsp of syrup slowly.
- Pile on pie and brown in hot oven.
- Sprinkle on chopped nuts, if desired.
If you are from New Hampshire feel free to share a recipe with us to try. I'll be back next week to share what's next in our study of the Northeastern states. Thank you for stopping by to learn along with us.